Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year! I love the crunchy leaves beneath my feet... the toasty colors painting the trees... scarecrows peaking around every corner... hoodies... and that perfectly fall scent in the air! So many things that just make this time of year the best.
And to add to the awesome, any afternoon I get to photograph the Cleary family is a pretty great afternoon! Baby Owen was looking especially dapper, too!
I can't believe how much this little guy has grown since I first met him three months ago! And, if possible, he's gotten even cuter!
What's your favorite thing about autumn?
This is Pheonix, and he's one cool kid. I can't help but feel like he's wiser beyond his few years of age. There's something in his eyes that's just peaceful and sweet. His mom and I went to high school together, and she's become an amazing and powerful momma that's stronger beyond her years... so it makes sense that her son is a superhero, too. Thanks for hanging out with me at the pond, guys!
Hi there! My name is Tiffany. I am the photographer here at Acorn & Oak Photography, and it's my pleasure to have you visiting my little place on the world wide web.
I have been wanting to start a blog for a couple of months now so I had a place to write about my grand adventures in photography, and (as you can see) here we are!
My goal is simple: to share stories. To me, photography is just that... storytelling.
Storytelling portraiture goes a step beyond simply showing you what life looked like at that time by reminding you what it also felt like. An artful portrait of a tired mother lying on the couch, for example, snuggled under a soft pink blanket with her newborn resting peacefully on her chest as the afternoon sun dances on the carpet through small openings in the pulled curtains... or a child running through the cool water drops of a lawn sprinkler as the summer sun sets lazily in the backyard... or even a family sitting at the dinner table over a steaming plate of delicious food, smiling and laughing. Those images not only show you what a day in their life looked like, but they evoke emotions and sounds and smells. They have the ability to transport you to a time and place that would otherwise be unreachable. This is why I invest my heart and soul into creating images your family will cherish. I believe in the power of a photograph!
And what is an introduction blog entry without telling you a little bit about myself?
• I have a beautiful daughter named Sydney. She teaches me about life every single day.
• I love books. Books are great ways to go places without all of the driving.
• I drink a lot of coffee. Probably too much, honestly.
• I fell in love with storytelling when my mother brought home an old typewriter when I was five.
• I fell in love with photography when I realized that a photograph can tell a story just as clearly, sometimes even better, than the written word.
• As a young kid, I oftentimes got in trouble for "wasting" unused rolls of film I would come across at home by taking photos of rusty thumbtacks scattered about in the garage or the cracked plastic seats of the old swing set in a park across the alley from my childhood home... just to name a couple of my early masterpieces.
• I'm pretty good at finding four-leaf clovers.